How can you keep yourself busy? When you have depression or something else. The most common thing to do is to block everything out. It is difficult to start over again, every single day. But you continue everyday, but it doesn’t mean that you are better. But you are blocking every feeling that you have and when your home then you can start feel it again. It’s not just me or you, who is like that. Everyone is like this. It can take a long time before you will try to start over. And you will try many times.
It isn’t easy to try to get better. It’s a long road that will be with you for rest of your life. Because it’s a bad memory, and those are the hardest memory to get rid off. But one day you will think that this was the past, and you are okay with it. That was you for 1 or 5 years. And you know that you actually can get better!
But here’s some tips that helped me a lot to get better.
- Be Active – One of the things I did was to get a better lifestyle. I started to walk everyday for 20-30 minutes. This was my time to think about everything and it was my alone time. Later on I started to do more exercises with squats,pushups and sit-ups. I wanted my strength and muscles to get a lot better. Because in December I got sick and I was that for 2-3 months before they found out what was wrong with me. I was staying in bed all day long. I still feel that there a long way still. But I have started and that’s the best feeling that you can have.
- Search for help – That is the most important thing that I did. Talk with your friend, family or doctor. It is hard to tell something like this, but it really helps. You will feel that you have done something right and you will feel lighter then you were before you didn’t tell anybody. If I didn’t do that I wouldn’t be like this today. I have been seing my doctor since February about depression. I have been talking with my closest friends about it and my mother. It doesn’t mean that you are gonna tell everybody in the world about it. But find someone you really trust.
- Start to write your feelings – It is really good to write down those feelings. You can write about anything you want. But for me it was really important to write about things because I lost a lot of memories. I forgot everything I couldn’t say what I did the day before. I couldn’t remember things from my childhood. I couldn’t say how I was cause my mind was so blocked out. Just like I had been emptying it. So later on I started to put some pictures if my family so I could remember how they looked like. So I have decided that I will not read anything about it, before New Years Eve. I really don’t want to read it now and get depressed again. So I think that it is important to write it down and maybe look at it a few months later. Don’t start to read it 1 month after. Cause that will just make you more depressed.
- Find a tv series – One thing that I have done recently is to find a tv series with my best friend. This is like our time. It is a great idea to do by yourself or with a friend or family. Cause this will get you out of the bubble that you are in. Because of this we have come even closer then we used to do.
- Get a rutine – My rutine was the worst! I could stay up until 5 o’clock and just lay there. I didn’t have any rutine on when I was gonna get up or when I was gonna eat. Mostly of my days I would only eat 1 meal every day. I would sleep until 3 or 5 pm. I had nothing to live for, I didn’t have any job or school to go to. Of course my rutine would get ruined. So when I visited my doctor the first thing she did was to give me some tasks. The first thing is to go to bed early around 11 pm. Get up 8 am. Eat 3 meals every day. Walk 5 times in a week. It wasn’t easy, but I managed to do this tasks a little better every week. It was getting easier and easier. And these tasks I got them in February and I’m still doing them. So my tip for you is that set some easy tasks for you. Something that you can manage and you won’t struggle to do. It doesn’t help to start with the hardest tasks.
I hope that this will help you and get an inspiration to try to get better. It is seriously the best feeling to have, when you finally can feel more happiness. That you doesn’t just block everything out. So this are a few and the most important things that have been helping me a lot now. I can finally feel more free, I really don’t feel that empty anymore. I wanna start over and inspire people.